Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Strawberry cake



This cake is made from a box mix with a few add ins. Shhh, don't tell anybody that I work with:)
I have made it several times, and so far nobody is the wiser.


Strawberry cake
1 package strawberry cake mix (any kind)
1 (3 oz) package strawberry gelatin
4 lrg. eggs
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup strawberries, mashed
preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour 2 round 8 inch cake pans.
Mix all ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Scrape down sides of bowl, and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake for 30- 35 minutes, or when toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack, and let cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
2 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
In a mixer, combine the butter and cream cheese on low speed till smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until combined. Add coloring of choice and mix well. Spread on top of cake just coming to edge. Place 2nd round cake on top and frost top and sides. Refrigerate.

6 comments:

  1. That looks wonderful!!! I'd like a piece right now in fact! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMM! Now THAT is a good baking recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya, I would have you over for cake if you lived by me. Heck, I'd rather go to your house, you have fabulous recipes!

    Liz, I was just at your blog, and now I know what you mean lol. Sorry about your muffins, I hate it when I try something new and it doesn't turn out, I always take it so personally. Just remember, it's the recipe, not you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the inspiration!! Your cake is beautiful! I'm going to use my dump cake recipe but do it with Strawberry Cake mix instead of chocolate. And jello instead of pudding mix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted my strawberry cake recipe -inspired by your cake recipe. It came out beautifully and tasted good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jana, glad it turned out. I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete