Sunday, August 24, 2008

Brownies

I discovered this brownie recipe several years ago. It is delicious! It has even been requested by several of my friends for events that they were hosting. I just knew I had the best brownie recipe. Until, one day at the kitchen store that I work at, I was talking to the owner about brownies. (it's a kitchen store, we get to talk about food all day long) I was very excited to tell her that I had the best brownie recipe. She said, "Everyone thinks that they have the best brownie recipe." But wait, she just didn't understand....I do have the best brownie recipe lol.
Does everyone really think they have the best brownie recipe? Well, if you don't, and you would like the real best brownie recipe, here it is ;)


3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 Tbsp. finely ground espresso beans
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line an 8x8 baking dish with aluminum foil, then spray with cooking spray.
Spread nuts on cookie sheet and bake until lightly brown, about 6 to 8 minutes, cool and lightly chop.
Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder into a small bowl. Stir in espresso and set aside.
Fill a medium size saucepan 1/2 full with water and bring to a simmer. Place chocolate and butter in large heat proof bowl, or double boiler, and set over water. Turn heat to low. Melt chocolate and butter, stirring frequently until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture just until the flour is absorbed. Do not over mix. Stir in the cooled nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until a crust forms on top and the center is somewhat gooey, but not jiggly, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack, refrigerate about 2 hours, then cut into squares.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, those look good. I love brownies. Problem is, I just can't stop at one! I have to have at least two at a sitting. They are very dangerous around me!

    BTW-You are the 20 questions games winner!!! I'm so impressed that you guessed it so soon this round!! Email me at tbee52@yahoo.com with your info and I will send your prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those brownies look fantastic! Im going to try the recipe out:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tanya! Your game was so much fun, I was really surprised that I guessed it. Very exciting.
    I e-mailed you this morning.

    Hi Sonya, thanks for stopping by.
    Let me know how you like the brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Those look fabulous. I bet the coffee beans really enhance the richness.

    ReplyDelete