Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ina Garten's Barn


I picked up this month's copy of House Beautiful and was very happy to find pictures of Ina's barn. I love her style. Simple, clean, neutral and natural. Very calming.


My dream







I love how she hasn't over accessorized... just what you need.
Ina believes in using good quality, simple ingredients in her food, and she feels it should be the same in decorating. I couldn't agree more.
Now I'd like to see pictures of the inside of her home.
all images: House Beautiful

5 comments:

  1. Wow, such elegance & style! A really lovely post Alice.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waa! Ina's barn is nicer than my house. I actually am just dying to buy a barn. I've been looking for land with a barn on it to buy with no luck so far. One day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the open feeling of it. wide spaces. Very clean and crisp that'll have to be something to look forward to when the kids are all grown up and can't mess the white up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so classy...I have only seen one new show filmed inside the barn and now they're back to showing repeats...Do you know when the new shows are aired. Can you imagine having 2 fantastic kitchens...I would love to have just one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Ina. I do have to say, though, that I have had a bunch of teenage boys and have always had white furniture. I have white denim slipcovers that I can just pick up, bleach and throw back on - even my dogs are happier. You don't have to wait until the kids are grown. Enjoy your furniture now!

    ReplyDelete