Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cranberry, Orange and Apple Relish


I know this is the time of year that people are getting out their slow cookers, but don't forget about the pressure cooker. If you are not familiar with the pressure cooker, it's kind of like the opposite of a slow cooker. It's a healthy, quick way to cook. The cooking time is cut in 2/3.
I have a kuhn Rikon, which is one of the brands that we sell at the kitchen store. In fact last week we had a demo and made this relish in the store. I thought I'd give it a try tonight, and it was delicious. It took 5 minute! I will be making this for thanksgiving.


image: Kuhn Rikon
1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
3 cups (1 package) fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
zest and juice of 1 whole orange
Place all the ingredients in a 4 qt. or larger pressure cooker and stir well to blend. Close the lid and bring pressure to the first red ring. Adjust heat to stabilize and cook 5 minutes. Allow the pressure to subside naturally, off heat. Serve at room temperature.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds great. I make a very similiar relish but it's raw, and I own many pressure cookers including a Kuhn Rikon (I am sure that your discount helps a lot). I use my Fagor cookers the most. Do you sell them?
    I hope that people are learning from you that pressure cooking saves time, money, maintains nutrients and makes wonderful food. Check out my blog and website: http://www.pressurecooking.blogspot.com and http://www.pressurecookingonline.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice....this looks and sounds delicious...I don't own a pressure cooker but my crockpot gets used many times a week. I'm assuming this can be made just as well in the slow cooker, what do you think??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big relish fan but my hubby is so I might have to give your recipe a whirl :o) Thanks for sharing it!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could easily eat that with a spoon. :)

    ReplyDelete