Friday, September 12, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake

Tonight was girl's night at my house. We try to get together as often as we can, but with two weddings being planned, and work, it doesn't happen often enough. Tonight's menu was tacos, spanish rice, and of course chips, guacamole and salsa. For dessert I made mini lemon cheesecakes. I have been making them for several years, but now they have to be perfect. I will be making them for one of the weddings... in less than a month (no pressure). I'm actually flattered that the bride asked me.
These are also delicious with a raspberry, and raspberry sauce on top.







Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
For the crust:
1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
2 Tbs. sugar
pinch of salt
2 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat 12 cup mini cheesecake pan with cooking spray. Add cookie crumbs, sugar and salt to a small bowl and mix. Add melted butter and mix well. Press into prepared cups. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Reduce heat to 300 degrees.
For the filling: At room temp.
16 oz. cream cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt
2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. lemon zest


Beat cream cheese with paddle attachment, about 5 minutes or more, ( at this point you really can't beat it too much) you want all the lumps out. On medium low, add eggs one at a time. Add lemon and lemon zest, beat 1 minute and scrape down sides of bowl. Add sugar and salt, beat 2 minutes, scrape bowl . Divide batter into 12 mini cups and bake 20 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night. When serving I usually place in a foil cupcake liner. They are easier to eat, you don't need a fork, and they travel well.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Alice!

    This lemon cheesecake looks so good!

    I'm doing some catching up this morning.

    The quiche looks delish, too!

    I love what your friends have done to their kitchen. I especially love the look of the 50's chrome dinette in that space. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay....I love cheesecake! Mini cheesecakes...how cute they are. Your making these for a wedding? How many do you have to make? You are a brave talented woman Alice. Id be having a nerveous breakdown.
    How long do they keep? Im going to try these during the holidays. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look heavenly! I may just have to try to make them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat, thanks for stopping by.
    Kat, I'm making about 150. I will start making them a couple of days ahead (next wednesday and thursday)wedding is Saturday 10/4 they should keep at least that long. Since I should have them done a few days ahead I'm not too nervous. If I was to do them the night before, I would be. There would be no room for mistakes. But even if I ended up having to do a couple of pans the night before, it wouldn't be too bad.

    If you guys make them let me know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete