Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I know most everyone has a good chocolate chip cookie recipe.
My family really likes this one.
These are a soft and chewy cookie, my favorite kind.


Chocolate Chip Cookies
2/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix shortening, butter, and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl add dry ingredients, mix. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet just until combined. Do not over mix. Add chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoon fulls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes just until set and edges just barely turn golden.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I have yet to meet a chocolate chip cookie I didnt like.
    Im looking forward to trying this one. Thank you Alice.

    ReplyDelete