Thursday, March 18, 2010

Martha Stewart's Snickerdoodle Cookies

It seems like it's a toss up between Snickerdoodle Cookies and Chocolate Chip Cookies in my house. There are so many recipes floating around out there of both... and I have yet to find the perfect one. I have found pretty good recipes, but I'm in search of the best, the one where you don't even want to look any further. Today I tried Martha Stewart's Snickerdoodle Cookie recipe. They are very good, and I certainly didn't get any complaints, but still searching...

Snickerdoodle Cookies
recipe: Martha Stewart

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 Tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheets with Silpat or parchment paper.
Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and shortening. Add the 1 1/2 cups sugar and mix until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down bowl as needed. Add flour mixture in two batches just until combined. Do not over mix cookie dough. In a separate bowl mix together the cinnamon and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Roll dough in balls and then roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place on prepared cookie sheets and bake approximately 10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful little cake stand. I am on the search for the perfect chocolate chip but with your snickerdoodle, isn't it fun trying out all the ones along the way? I will have to try Martha's as my kids love snickerdoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious!!!! I'm going to have to try these and I agree, your cake stand is wonderful!! :)
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete