Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Home Office


image: Costal Living


image: Domino Magazine
Someday I would like to have a home office. A whole room completely dedicated to the computer, wonderful books, and maybe even a little place to relax and read. Right now our computer is in the family room, too sad to even post a picture. I actually have the perfect room in mind for this dream office, however it is currently being occupied by one college student, and I wouldn't have it any other way. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
In the mean time.....

image: Pottery Barn
I can plot and plan and dream.


image: Domino Magazine
designer: Mary McDonald


image: Domino Magazine Love this fabulous chrome file cabinet!
I'm also dreaming of a guest bedroom, but that's another child, and another story ...

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you will be doing lots of dreaming while you still have the kids at home. But enjoy them at home while you still can. I miss mine very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these home offices and wish I had more space for one that looks like any of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice....I am lucky to have a whole room for myself. Not so much an office more an everything room. My printer, sewing machine, big crafts table and shelves and shelves of books....Oh, I left out all the crap that builds up around the house ends up in there...I have bills in there dating back to 1984.....a room all to yourself is nice...now get me a cleaning lady...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alice, I just started to blog last week so I'm a newbie. Your blog is one of my favorites. I live in a small cape code and I do an awful lot of dreaming and discussing with my husband about what we could do. He does beautiful wood work. He says I should have been on the Starship Enterprise because I'm aways going around saying "I have a plan". Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. It thrilled my heart. Dina

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post inspired me to 'encourage' the husband to build a desk under the stairs while I am at work next Saturday. Now we have to decide color and style...love the pottery barn and domino pics you posted, so somewhere between the two.
    SJV

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi SJV! It must be nice to have a handy husband. Mine just says he is, but I never actually see proof ha ha! I hope you post pictures. Looking forward to seeing you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dina, Welcome to the land of Blog. How nice to live in a cape cod! I hope to see pictures on your blog.

    ReplyDelete