Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes

Mini Key Lime Cheesecake
for the crust:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 T sugar
pinch of salt
3 T unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat 12 cup mini cheesecake pan with cooking spray. In a medium size bowl, stir graham cracker crumbs, sugar and salt. Add the melted butter and stir until combined. Press equal amounts into bottom of cups and press with a tart tamper Bake 10 min and then cool completely.
REDUCE OVEN TO 300 DEGREES.
for the filling:
16 ounces cream cheese, at room temp.
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks
4 ounces Nellie and Joe's key west lime juice
pinch of salt
Pour condensed milk into blender. Add cream cheese gradually, in small portions and mix until smooth. Add egg yolks and blend well. Add salt and key west lime juice. Continue blending until mixture is smooth. Pour into mini cheesecake pan and bake for 15 to 17 min. Let stand for 10 minutes before refrigerating. Refrigerate overnight. Top with freshly whipped cream, and garnish with fresh lime zest.



3 comments:

  1. How do you like that pan? I have one and I love it. But getting the cakes out can be a trial. Any thoughts?

    Happy Friday!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ingrid, I love my pans! I don't really have a problem getting the cakes out. It does work best if you take them out right out of the fridge so they are really cold. I just use a pen to push them out from underneath. Do you spray your pan first?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to remember....if the recipe says to then I do. Not taking out the minis once I remove the pan from the fridge may be my prob. Thanks for the help!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete